Sunday, March 17, 2013

Fly on Freebird - R.I.P. Emac

To describe one man, words never come close.  I was one of the lucky people to cross paths with Eric McDonald, a.k.a. Emac.  We shared our love of Southern rock, Jack Daniels, ATV's, the North Woods, and good times.  I got to stand next to him on stage a few times and I will always cherish those memories.  Emac was a force of nature and looked at the world a way I wish more people did.  The last minutes of a sunrise, the embers of a campfire drifting up through the pines, or the overlook on a hill will all be life lessons that I was taught by the master seer himself.  He preached a different perspective, and now I will forever look at life differently.  They say the brighter the star, the faster it dies out.  Well, Emac certainly shone bright!

It is difficult to wrap up a life in a couple of paragraphs.  That is not what this forum is about.  But, if you have a couple of hours, I'd be happy to take you to the end of the trail by Little Star Lake, pour a couple of straight shots of sippin' Jack, and remember the life and lessons of Eric McDonald.  Many people have different stories and memories of Emac but mine will always be the fact that he was my brother of the road and my friend.  I miss him.  R.I.P.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Keith . . . WOW ~ that was just beautiful and truly touching. Without a doubt you two shared a very special bond and memories that you can cherish and hold close to your heart forever. Thank you for posting this lovely tribute. Big Hug to you 'Little Buddy', all my love, Shain.

Dan said...

4126Beautiful Keith. Your words capture what Emac was all about. In so many ways He was larger than life and never missed a detail-especially if it was on behalf of another. Truly one of immense compassion and about as multi-faceted as one could imagine. We remember the wedding to Shain as if yesterday. I thank you for such words for Emac and type through clouds. He is in a New Neighborhood of Old Friends.